That was not the right way to appeal their own opinion to others

There was Anti-Olympics Demonstration last Saturday.

People who believe that the Olympics brings financial burden on Vancouver City and destroys the natural environment yelled their opinions loudly and marched near my house.

I had already heard about their opinions because there were sometimes articles about them in newspapers. I agree with some points of their beliefs (especially the financial burden issue).

However,

During the demonstration, they threw a news stand into a department store's show window and broke it, kicked a post box so that it fell down and pushed police officers.

By then, they had just become extremists. They enjoyed breaking public property.

I think that was not the right way to appeal their opinion to others. Now I don't want to listen to them even I though I understand some of their opinions because I don't want to support extremists.

They should consider what the most effective way to share their opinions with people is.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top